Red Bank, NJ
An exciting opportunity for a person to get started in the accounting field. You will be responsible for performing, maintaining and reporting on various areas of accounting. This position will have the ability for growth as our organization grows. A positive and ambitious attitude is required.
- Recording weekly cash receipts
- Entering vendor invoices into Bill.com
- Analyzing and investigating cash variances
- Code all Invoices in Bill.com inbox to correct G/L acct and approvers
- Insure all invoices > $10k have two assigned approvers
- Insure W-9 forms are obtained from all new vendors
- Insure Vendors requiring 1099 reporting are set up correctly in Bill.com
- Reconcile all Vendor statements received to Bill.com to insure accuracy & completeness
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding invoice status
- Review uncashed checks over 20 days
- Check Intacct Sync Errors on a daily basis & work with Controller to resolve them.
- Prepare 1099 Forms on an annual basis
- Encourage vendors to enroll in E-payments and to submit invoices directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparing recurring journal entries
- Ensure proper recording of vendor payments
- Prepare adhoc analysis when requested
- Strong organization skills, with attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel