Red Bank, NJ
We are recruiting for a Director of Human Resources who is responsible for all HR functions. This position serves as the Human Resources point of contact for the leadership team and their departments. Provides focused human resources consulting in the areas of workforce planning, organizational development, leadership development, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, and talent management. This position will lead corporate initiatives, assess issues and generate solutions, manage the delegation of work, and manage in a shared services environment. This position will report to the EVP of Finance and will initially have one direct report.
- Enhance and build the capability of the business by incorporating the people component into strategic planning, development and assessment.
- Partner with leadership teams to create development plans and staffing plans to support the overall business goals.
- Effectively coach leadership in matters relating to people, HR processes, employment practices, HR programs and corresponding impact on the business.
- Provide individualized executive coaching, as required, to help drive high performance teams, develop Regional leadership and help to create a high performing organization.
- Effectively manage change related to Human Capital programs and HR goal achievement.
- Collaborate with the all corporate teams to provide integrated, strategic and customer focused business solutions.
- Provide an advocacy/consulting role for employees experiencing problems/issues that affect their job performance.
- Facilitate the recruiting and selection process. Work with management to ensure the selection of best candidates for all positions.
- Direct the response to employee relation issues in partnership with the appropriate line manager/supervisor.
- Management compensation programs, maintain accurate records to compute, accrue, and distribute all payments.
- Maintain an awareness for management on issues of workplace discrimination, and related issues.
- Develop ideas to enhance the work environment, improve employee engagement, and strengthen employee relations.
- Assist employees in understanding of benefit plans, as needed. Participate in the development of appropriate employee communications to enhance the understanding and appreciation of the benefit program.
- Ensure EEOC, FMLA, ADA and OSHA compliance.
- Direction of the Human Resource Mission: To establish a positive employment environment which will enable V12 Data to recruit, develop and retain the best employees for the purpose of providing an excellent community for the residents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business Acumen: Strong business acumen and broad business skills. Knowledge and understanding of key business unit financial and performance drivers.
- Change Management/Consulting Skills: Expert knowledge in consulting, coaching, conflict management, and facilitation.
- Organization Effectiveness/Design: Specialized knowledge in organizational design and development methodologies, philosophies & analysis. High level of assessment capabilities.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building effective working relationships with business leaders, HR partners, staff and community employees. High tolerance to drive through ambiguity for results: ability to push back: negotiation skills. Ability to influence corporate executives.
- Strategy: Expert ability to conceptualize, communicate and recommend new strategies and programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 7 years of management in Human Resources is required.
- Minimum of 5 years managing enterprise-wide projects and managing business/strategic process improvements experience required.
- 5-10 years of progressive Human Capital and/or Management Consulting, HR or Organizational Development Experience Including:
- Leadership Development
- Performance Management
- HR Generalist Support
- Change Management.
- Applicable experience leading teams in support of projects, matrix partners, contractors, etc.
- Demonstrated success in orchestrating organizational development and change.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.