The Sr. Systems Administrator will be a member of the IT Infrastructure team, which is responsible for the overall health of V12 Data’s environment. As a Sr. Systems Administrator, this individual will be performing a wide range of tasks to maintain, monitor, improve and secure V12 Data’s overall corporate infrastructure.
- Ensure proper functioning of the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Work closely with Help Desk as an escalation point in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Provide level 1-3 support for entire infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Must be innovative and possess the initiative to detect and resolve issues before they become critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan, develop, document and coordinate infrastructure projects.
- Project management skills and experience managing resources to meet goals on simultaneous projects.
- Train/Mentor junior staff members as appropriate.
- Maintain change control and configuration management documentation.
- Participate in an on call rotation and weekend coverage.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Linux servers and Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL etc.
- Perform backups and restores as needed.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Support WAN and LAN connectivity which includes switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions where applicable.
- Support disaster recovery solutions and support offsite disaster recovery center infrastructure.
- Support remote access technologies that include: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Updating and patching equipment. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a monthly/quarterly basis for Windows and Linux (RHEL & CentOS) servers.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Security monitoring, detection, prevention, and remediation.
- Security incident tracking, reporting, escalation, and response.
- Auditing and tracking compliance.
- Vulnerability assessment, tracking & remediation.
- Process improvement & automation.
- 5+ years of experience managing Linux and Microsoft infrastructures that includes Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- 3+ years of experience of VMware ESXi, and vSphere administration in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with storage devices which include Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Directly Attached Storage (DAS).
- Ability to write and debug shell scripts. Perl experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with managing 24x7x365 enterprise level networks.
- Understanding of networking as it relates to server administration and troubleshooting.
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS administration and management.
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS), Firewalls, VPN and/or networking knowledge
- Microsoft certifications such as Linux+, A+, N+, Security+, MCSA or MCSE are a plus.
- Some travel will be required.